avro-user mailing list archives

From Mika Ristimaki <mika.ristim...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: avro_generic_value_free function implemetation not defined
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2014 07:01:07 GMT
Hi Vikas,

To my understanding you only need to decref avro_value_t that you allocate with avro_generic_value_new.
So you don’t need to decref values that you get from avro_value_get_by_name. You can run
your example program with valgrind to verify this.

-Mika

> On 03 Dec 2014, at 02:44, Vikas Saxena <vikas.saxena.2006@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
> Any updates on the nested record thing?
>
> Thanks,
> Vikas
>
> On Sun, Nov 30, 2014 at 11:31 AM, Vikas Saxena <vikas.saxena.2006@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Doug,
> I am currently doing the same but the function avro_value_decref does not work as expected
for nested records.
> I am attaching my test code where I have modified the PERSON_SCHEMA to chnage the record
"person" to have a sub-field "FullName" which in turn is a record containing two field firstname
and lastname.

> The problem is when I try to decref the avro variable for the sub-record, I get a segmentation
fault.
> Attached is the source code for your reference. The issue occurs for line number 117
and 177.
> currently I have commented out those two lines.
>
> If this program runs 24x7 to parse constantly generated files, do u think there can be
a possibility of a memory leak if line 117 and 177 and are left commented out?