avro-user mailing list archives

From Douglas Creager <doug...@creagertino.net>
Subject Re: Bus error when run the Avro C in multithreaded application
Date Tue, 30 Dec 2014 13:20:58 GMT
> The application creates a four threads and each thread will run the below
> mentioned code and serialized the data.

Is each thread writing to a separate file, or to the same file?  The
avro_file_writer functions are not thread-safe, so if you're trying to
write to a single file you'll need to synchronize the file writing
portion, or have an additional I/O thread that handles the writing,
collecting records from the four worker threads.