avro-user mailing list archives

From Arvind Kalyan <bas...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: any optimization in reading a partial schema in the decoder?
Date Sun, 23 Nov 2014 19:14:19 GMT
Yes. The writer+reader schema paired usage lets you do efficient partial
deserialization. Even if the fields are non-consecutive, in which case it
jumps over fields that it doesn't have to deserialize. In your case the
deserialization would stop right after the header is deserialized.

--
Arvind Kalyan
http://www.linkedin.com/in/base16