avro-user mailing list archives

From Supriya <supriya_...@yahoo.com>
Subject Serializing JSON data from .NET Input Stream to Avro
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2014 19:18:52 GMT
Hi

I would like to understand if there is a way to use the Avro libraries to
serialize data from a .NET input stream.
The input stream will contain JSON strings. I want to convert the JSON
strings directly from the stream to Avro data.  I don't want the overhead of
materializing the JSON string to an object first before serializing to Avro
format. Reason for this : the data is big and we don't want to necessarily
be creating these temp objects.

I tried looking at the C# Avro libraries but I don't see any APIs that take
an input stream for serialization.

I am new to Avro.

Supriya