avro-user mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Avro multiplexing, availability of authentication info to services
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2014 18:05:36 GMT
On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 6:34 AM, Sam Lawrance <sam@illumynite.com> wrote:

> is there any way for the service implementation to obtain information
> about the calling client, such as the hostname or some form of context from
> SASL?

Transceiver#getRemoteName() returns the remote host name, but this is not
currently easily accessed from a service implementation.

If access from message implementation is desired, then we could add a
static Responder#getTransceiver() method that reads a ThreadLocal set
around calls to Responder#respond(Message,Object).

If access for every call to a given server is desired, then we might add an
RPCContext#getTransceiver() method that accesses a field set by Responder
that would then be visible to RPCPlugin implementations.

Doug