avro-user mailing list archives

From svante karlsson <s...@csi.se>
Subject Re: State of the C++ vs Java implementations
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2014 20:09:53 GMT
> ยท         Is the Avro/ C++ community active?

No very, but somewhat later in a project that I'm working on I'll need
Kafka / Avro / HDFS path (in C++) as well.  I'm willing to contribute.

Earlier this spring I did some work on a http server & client that does
REST calls with avro encoded payload. The code is on github it uses CMake
and supports ubuntu, raspberry and visual studio.

https://github.com/bitbouncer/csi-http

>         Is there currently any Windows (Visual C++ project) support?

Not officially - but you can use the cmake files from the gibhub project as
a base for that.

/svante