avro-user mailing list archives

From Bhuvana Bellala <Bhuvana.Bell...@cormac-corp.com>
Subject COnverting CSV files to avro and back to text
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2014 21:13:37 GMT
Hi,

  I want convert a CSV file into avro format so that I can compress data and do some map reduce
things in Hadoop. And then I want to convert the avro data back to text. Are there any tools
to do this? I know I could use hive to do this but I want to know if there are any other ways
to do this? Thank!

[Cormac_logo]

Bhuvana Bellala| Intern
13921 Park Center Road, Suite 180, Herndon VA 20171|
CMMI Maturity Level 3 Rated| GSA Schedule 70| SBA SDB, 8(a)|
www.cormac-corp.com<http://www.cormac-corp.com/>

use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If you are not the named addressee
you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately
by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.
If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing
or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.