avro-user mailing list archives

From Sachin Goyal <sgo...@walmartlabs.com>
Subject Re: How to deserialize avro file with union/many schemas?
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2014 22:42:42 GMT

To see a union schema, do the following:
System.out.println (ReflectData.AllowNull.get().getSchema(YourClass.class));

And then do the following:
System.out.println (ReflectData.get().getSchema(YourClass.class));

Diff the two outputs.
First one generates a UNION of each and every field with a null.

Hope that helps.
Sachin

From: Echo Li <echolql@gmail.com<mailto:echolql@gmail.com>>
Date: Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at 3:09 PM
To: "user@avro.apache.org<mailto:user@avro.apache.org>" <user@avro.apache.org<mailto:user@avro.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: How to deserialize avro file with union/many schemas?

Hi Mike,

I read through most of the doc on avro site, don't see anything about the "union schema",
Mike, would you mind give me some example here how the union schma is defined? also what package/method
can retrieve the master schema from avro file? is that "getschema()" should work? and how
to read in each Avro datums whithout knowing their corresponding schema?....

very much appreciate your help!