avro-user mailing list archives

From Rich Haase <rdha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: COnverting CSV files to avro and back to text
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2014 21:32:44 GMT
Bhuvana,

If you are just trying to get compression for your data in HDFS you would
be better served by using HDFS compression rather than converting to Avro
and back.

http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.1-Win-latest/bk_sysadmin-guide/content/sysadmin_hdfs_compressions.html

Cheers,

Rich

--
*Kernighan's Law*
definition, not smart enough to debug it."