avro-user mailing list archives

From Joey Echeverria <j...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Avro serialization using php
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2014 00:53:57 GMT
I've not used the PHP bindings, so this may not be the full procedure.

You should be able to create an AvroIODatumWriter[1] to write to a
string. In order to do that, you need to first create an
AvroStringIO[2] and wrap that in a AvroIOBinaryEncoder[3]. It should
look something like this:

$io = new AvroStringIO();
$encoder = new AvroIOBinaryEncoder($io);
$writer = new AvroIODataumWriter($schema);
$writer->write($datum, $encoder);
$io->string(); // gets the serialized data as a string which in PHP is
an array of bytes

-Joey

[1] https://github.com/apache/avro/blob/trunk/lang/php/lib/avro/datum.php#L73
[2] https://github.com/apache/avro/blob/trunk/lang/php/lib/avro/io.php#L146