avro-user mailing list archives

From Martin Kleppmann <mkleppm...@linkedin.com>
Subject Re: Importing Java class in Avro IDL
Date Wed, 14 May 2014 08:35:09 GMT
Hi Rohini,

Avro schemas can only refer to types defined within Avro. Referring to a Java type would break
Avro's cross-language compatibility. I'm afraid you'll need to create an Avro schema that
is the equivalent of Java class B.

Martin

On 13 May 2014, at 18:27, Rohini Uppuluri <rohini@glassdoor.com<mailto:rohini@glassdoor.com>>