avro-user mailing list archives

From Lenin Raj <emaille...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: When do we get Avro gem for 1.7.7?
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2014 13:39:24 GMT
Hi Martin,

I had Homebrew already. So I installed snappy and python-snappy and avro
via pip as per https://github.com/phunt/avro-rpc-quickstart

When I tried to run the
start_server.py<https://github.com/phunt/avro-rpc-quickstart/tree/master/src/main/python>,
I get the following error:

python $ ./start_server.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./start_server.py", line 20, in <module>
    import avro.ipc as ipc
  File "build/bdist.macosx-10.8-intel/egg/avro/ipc.py", line 35, in <module>
  File "build/bdist.macosx-10.8-intel/egg/avro/schema.py", line 778, in
parse
avro.schema.SchemaParseException: Error parsing JSON:
@HANDSHAKE_REQUEST_SCHEMA@

python $

Thanks,
Lenin