avro-user mailing list archives

From Michael Ries <mich...@riesd.com>
Subject Rubygem Avro::DataFile issue?
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2014 15:28:37 GMT
Hey. I'm trying to use the avro 1.7.5 gem (avoiding the 1.7.6 dependency
bug) and I can't seem to read data back out of my data files. I am getting
the error "avro-1.7.5/lib/avro/io.rb:46:in `byte!': undefined method
`unpack' for nil:NilClass (NoMethodError)".

I put a more complete write up of what I am trying to do in this gist:
https://gist.github.com/hqmq/11193064

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? It seems to be always failing while trying
to decode the last record in the file. I get no luck on ruby 2.1.1 or 2.0.0.

I tried creating an avro file using the java client library
(members.from_java_client.avro) and the rubygem can read that file just
fine. It looks like the two files are different by just 16 bytes.