avro-user mailing list archives

From "Gorman,Will" <WGOR...@CERNER.COM>
Subject Re: Problem with ProtobufDatumReader
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2014 15:51:11 GMT
Nevermind, I didn't realize that the first argument to the reader could be null.  Oops.

On Apr 29, 2014, at 10:26 AM, "Gorman,Will" <WGORMAN@CERNER.COM>
 wrote:

> I'm having some difficulty using avro-protobuf  and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.
 I keep getting a ClassCastException that a Builder cannot be cast to a Message whenever I
try to deserialize an object with the ProtobufDatumReader after it was serialized with the
ProtobufDatumWriter.  I've looked through the code a bit in ProtobufData and GenericDatumReader
but I'm not sure how it's supposed to work because it appears to just be creating a new builder
and then passing it to a method that attempts to cast it to a message.  I've got a small example
project here (https://bitbucket.org/willgorman/avro-proto-test) with a test that recreates
the error.  I've been able to do the same thing successfully using avro-thrift.  Is there
anything that I'm doing incorrectly here?