avro-user mailing list archives

From "Gorman,Will" <WGOR...@CERNER.COM>
Subject Problem with ProtobufDatumReader
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2014 15:26:57 GMT
I'm having some difficulty using avro-protobuf  and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.  I keep
getting a ClassCastException that a Builder cannot be cast to a Message whenever I try to
deserialize an object with the ProtobufDatumReader after it was serialized with the ProtobufDatumWriter.
 I've looked through the code a bit in ProtobufData and GenericDatumReader but I'm not sure
how it's supposed to work because it appears to just be creating a new builder and then passing
it to a method that attempts to cast it to a message.  I've got a small example project here
(https://bitbucket.org/willgorman/avro-proto-test) with a test that recreates the error.
I've been able to do the same thing successfully using avro-thrift.  Is there anything that
I'm doing incorrectly here?