avro-user mailing list archives

From Lewis John Mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to write a "custom" file name in the Hadoop's MapReduce with Avro format
Date Thu, 20 Mar 2014 02:39:24 GMT
Hi,

This is a rather troublesome email with lots of unnecessary material
included. I think you may get more help if you try and refine your
question(s).
Anyhow...

http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/FAQ#How_do_I_change_final_output_file_name_with_the_desired_name_rather_than_in_partitions_like_part-00000.2C_part-00001.3F

> and location to put our Avro's files in the HDFS?

Yes. FileOutputFormat defines a #setOutputPath method which enables you to
define the location the file is written to. You can use this through
AvroOutputFormat.

> 2)      The Hadoop's MapReduce Streaming project has a MapDebug (-mapdebug)
> and ReduceDebug (-reducedebug) options but I can't get any debug message
> for my Map's debug

Please go to Hadoop lists for this.
hope this helps a bit
Lewis