avro-user mailing list archives

From Lewis John Mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Schema not getting saved along with Data
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2014 11:07:35 GMT
The answer is still the same for the revised question.
AFAIK, there is no CSV to JSON (Avro Schema) generation tool.
I think it would be a nice tool to add. I also doubt you are the only
person who has thought/required this functionality.
Commons CSV [0] is a Java library (which I've used in a number of projects)
that will take a LOT of pain out of dealing with your CSV. Mapping CSV
characteristics to Avro Schema constituents would most likely not be 'too'
difficult.
hth
Lewis

[0] http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-csv/

On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 10:57 AM, Sachneet Singh Bains <
sachneets.bains@impetus.co.in> wrote:

>  Hi Lewis,
>

> Thanks a lot. I am getting acquainted with the technology now. J
>
> Sorry, there was a typo in the fourth question, thus asking it again :
>

> 4.        Also, I am wondering if there is *ANY* feature to automatically
> generate a schema from an incoming data (CSV format) ?
>
> The use case is that I will receive a CSV file with column
> identifiers/names for each comma separated column , can I create an AVRO
> schema on the fly /automatically for this ?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Sachneet

*Lewis*