avro-user mailing list archives

From Sachneet Singh Bains <sachneets.ba...@impetus.co.in>
Subject Schema not getting saved along with Data
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2014 14:18:59 GMT
Hi,

I am new to AVRO and going through the documentation.
>From http://avro.apache.org/docs/1.7.6/gettingstartedjava.html
"Data in Avro is always stored with its corresponding schema"

Does the above line convey a 'explicitly must do' or 'implicitly done' ?
Is it always true even when we write single records to any stream or applies only when  "Object
Container Files" are used ?
I tried writing some records to a file using DatumWriter and I see no schema saved along.
Please resolve my confusion.
Thanks,
Sachneet

or interference.