avro-user mailing list archives

From "Longton, Nigel" <Nigel.Long...@pimco.com>
Subject RE: How to specify the CSharp class name of a field
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2014 17:52:47 GMT
Doug
This model would work for our current use cases.
Thanks
Nigel

-----Original Message-----
From: Doug Cutting [mailto:cutting@apache.org]
Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2014 9:16 AM
To: user@avro.apache.org
Subject: Re: How to specify the CSharp class name of a field

On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 7:59 AM, Longton, Nigel <Nigel.Longton@pimco.com> wrote:
> What is the equivalent to ‘java-class’ for the csharp code generator?

There isn't an equivalent at this point.

> Specifically we’re looking at having fields of date and decimal type.

You could perhaps interpret the 'java-class' attribute that's already there.

Long-term we might agree on a language-independent way of identifying such types, perhaps:
  {"type":"long", "subType":"unix-epoch"}
  {"type":"string", "subType":"ISO-8601-date"}
  {"type":"string", "subType":"lexicographic-decimal"}

If there's interest, this should be fairly easy to specify & implement.

See: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO-739

Doug
This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named.
If you are not the named addressee, you should not disseminate, distribute, alter or copy
this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail
by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmissions cannot be guaranteed
to be secure or without error as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed,
arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender, therefore, does not accept liability
for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message which arise during or as a result
of e-mail transmission. If verification is required, please request a hard-copy version. This
message is provided for information purposes and should not be construed as a solicitation
or offer to buy or sell any securities or related financial instruments in any jurisdiction.
 Securities are offered in the U.S. through PIMCO Investments LLC, distributor and a company
of PIMCO LLC.