avro-user mailing list archives

From EdwardKing <zhan...@neusoft.com>
Subject How to create a avro file?
Date Mon, 24 Feb 2014 01:53:59 GMT
I want to create a avro file named sightings.avro,it's structure is follows:
{ "type": "record",
  "name": "UFO_Sighting_Record",
  "fields" : [
   {"name": "sighting_date", "type": "string"},
   {"name": "city", "type": "string"},
   {"name": "shape", "type": ["null", "string"]},
   {"name": "duration", "type": "float"}
  ]
}

the datas are follows:

2012-01-12, Boston, diamond, 3.5
2011-06-13, London, light, 13
2006-06-15, Minneapolis, saucer,0.25

I want to use java to create above sightings.avro file,but I am a newbie to avro 1.7.6,I don't
know how to realized it. Anyone could give me an demo to do it? Thanks in advance.

of
is
copying

from