avro-user mailing list archives

From Wai Yip Tung ...@tungwaiyip.info>
Subject Schema exclusion from Avro message
Date Mon, 27 Jan 2014 19:00:34 GMT
I found Deepesh's question back in December. I have joined the mailing
list later. So don't have the message in my inbox and I do not know the
proper way to reply. Anyway I have include the original message below.

I have the similar issue. In addition I'm interested to find out about
Python and Node js library support.

 From what I understand, the avro specification requires avro.schema. So
I am quite unsure of the status of have the schema in an external
repository.

-  avro.schema contains the schema of objects stored in the file, as
JSON data (required).

http://avro.apache.org/docs/1.7.6/spec.html#Object+Container+Files

Wai Yip