avro-user mailing list archives

From ellisdp <david.el...@diegesis.co.uk>
Subject Parsing Nested Schemas in Avro C++
Date Tue, 17 Dec 2013 10:17:00 GMT
Hi,

Is there a C++ equivalent of the following Java functionality?

/    public static class Schema.Parser extends Object

    A parser for JSON-format schemas. Each named schema parsed with a parser
is added to the names known to the parser so that subsequently parsed
schemas may refer to it by name.
/
We have used this class from the Avro Java API to obtain a parser, and
pre-parse complex object type schemas which are referred to in later
schemas. E.g. we have parsed a record schema called "location", and referred
to this subsequently by name in another (higher level) schema.

Now trying to do the equivalent with the C++ API, and so far I have not
found this functionality.

I can do (from the documentation):

/    // My schema is stored in a file called “example”
    std::ifstream in(“example”);

    avro::ValidSchema mySchema;
    avro::compileJsonSchema(in, mySchema);
/
But this appears to only parse a single schema. It doesn't return a handle
to the parser which can be used to parse further schemas. If I try putting
multiple schemas in the input stream, it only parses the first one.

Thanks.