avro-user mailing list archives

From Connor Doyle <connor....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AVRO and SSL/TLS RPC calls
Date Thu, 26 Sep 2013 12:17:48 GMT
Hi Max,

I did something similar recently to handle RPC calls from Node.js to our Scala services.

We use a WebSocket connection over SSL/TLS.  This reduces the overhead associated with handling
a bunch of HTTP headers for every request.  Each connection begins with the client-server
handshake as described in the spec.

To allow responses to flow back to each client in the order they complete, the client writes
a sequence number in the metadata for each request.  The server writes this same sequence
number into the metadata for the corresponding response.  This requires both endpoints to
keep a little more state around.

--
Connor

> On Sep 25, 2013, at 8:45, "Dr. Pala" <mpala@datafascia.com> wrote:
>
> Dear Avrers (Avro Users),
>
> I am a newbie in using Avro, and I am trying to figure out how to use avro to perform
RPC calls in Java (and, unfortunately, PHP) by using stateful TLS connections.

> Going through the documentation I could not find references on how to do it, so I was
wondering if any of you could point me in the right direction.