avro-user mailing list archives

From Connor Doyle <connor....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache Avro Encoding types?
Date Thu, 19 Sep 2013 02:15:30 GMT
Hi Raihan,

One strategy may be to store a cache of schemata elsewhere and then write just enough information
(version number, md5, or similar) to look up the right schema version adjacent to your avro/binary
blob column.  This would impose little overhead and still allow you to take advantage of Avro's
built-in schema resolution to read old serialized data.
--
Connor

> On Sep 18, 2013, at 20:03, raihan26 <jamalraihan@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks a lot Doug. So that means, If I need to store avro binary encoded data in Cassandra
column family, then the actual schema won't get stored with that? Right? I need to have the
schema through some external means whenever I am reading that binary encoded data. Right?