avro-user mailing list archives

From Guruprasad Nagaraj <gpn.devn...@gmail.com>
Subject Clarification required on Avro
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2013 14:44:30 GMT
Hi,
I read through the documentation on Avro C but couldn't get a definitive answer to whether
this is possible.

The goal is to convert a stream of raw data to JSON using a JSON schema.
For e.g.
- A Syslog message format from a linux sub-system is represented in a JSON Schema
- The JSON schema is loaded into Avro C
- The actual message when arrives should be passed into a function that converts the message
into JSON formatted output using the JSON schema which was loaded into Avro C earlier.

I searched through the message archives and couldn't get this. I haven't looked into all the
APIs provided by Avro C, yet.
Can anybody help?

Thanks and Best Regards,
GPN