avro-user mailing list archives

From Alexandre Victoor <alexvict...@gmail.com>
Subject Question about the SchemaBuilder
Date Sat, 31 Aug 2013 13:48:43 GMT
Hello all,
First of all, thanks to the Avro developers for their hard work. I have
started to play with Avro this week and so far I am quite impressed :-)
I have just a tiny question on the fluent SchemaBuilder with Avro 1.7.5.
I would like to use a union with embedded schemas on a simple field (not an
array or map). I have tried to write something that looks like that:

...fields()
.name("fieldName").type().unionOf()
.type(embeddedSchema)....and().nullType()
.endUnion()

That seems to be currently possible only if the schema is written in json.
Is this a known limitation of the fluent schema builder or should I open a
jira ticket?
Regards

Alex