avro-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Russel <drus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: avro C++
Date Tue, 13 Aug 2013 18:14:41 GMT

> Is anyone using avro C++?
I'm been using it with some success, however, I've only been using schemas that I have written
and with DataFiles that I have written, so I haven't had compatibility issues. That said,
the errors messages avrogencpp produces are a bit cryptic, so trouble shooting its problems
are not at all straight forward.

> For example, even trying to turn  avro-src-1.7.4/lang/java/compiler/src/test/idl/input/simple.avdl
into something that avrogencpp will understand seems to be nearly impossible at the moment.
(I tried using the java tools to turn the avdl into json with some hand editing of the json
and that failed).

> Thanks for any words of encouragement of insights that people can offer. I'd LOVE to
be able to use Avro from C++ but right now I'm having serious doubts.