avro-user mailing list archives

From Douglas Creager <doug...@creagertino.net>
Subject Re: Using AVRO C with a large schema
Date Sun, 18 Aug 2013 15:30:44 GMT

#3 is also true.  AVRO-724 [1] is the relevant issue.  Matt Massie's
comment on that issue discusses a couple of proposed solutions.

If your data structures are large arrays, then one option is to have a
separate file for each array, and have the array elements correspond to
records in the file.  Then it's only each individual array element that
needs to fit in the file's block_size.