avro-user mailing list archives

From Eric Wasserman <ewasser...@247-inc.com>
Subject RE: Is there a way to conditionally read Avro data?
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2013 22:47:05 GMT
If you define you records like this (this is in the Avro IDL lang. for brevity)

If you write your records with a schema like this:

record R {

    Header header;

    Body body;

  }

Then you can read with a schema like this:

  record RSansBody {

    Header header;

  }

And the Avro libraries will read the header part (in which your "type" would reside) and effectively
skip the body part.