avro-user mailing list archives

From "kulkarni.swarnim@gmail.com" <kulkarni.swar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Random access in an avro file
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2013 18:50:10 GMT
Thanks again Doug. SortedKeyValueFile looks really promising and seems to
fit our use case well.

One last thing I was concerned about was the performance of maintaining the
sorted order in the file. Especially because in our case the file might get
pretty large(hundred thousands to million). If there is a limit on the file
size to achieve maximum performance, we can possibly think about closing
the file and start writing to another file once we start to hit that limit.

--
Swarnim