avro-user mailing list archives

From Atin Sood <sooda...@outlook.com>
Subject Re: Avro RPC: Python to Java isn't working for me...
Date Wed, 29 May 2013 00:07:40 GMT
Stefan

Were you ever able to make any progress on this ?

Just curious :)

--
Atin Sood

On Wednesday, May 22, 2013 at 7:36 PM, Stefan Krawczyk wrote:

> Yes agreed, that would be a good approach to take, however before I go try to figure
out how to write a NettyTransceiver in python, I'd like to get some community input on so
that:
>  - I understand why there wasn't one built in the first place, and thus answer is it
actually possible to build that in python

be using s.th (http://s.th) like

> > client code - attach to the server and send a message
> >     client = ipc.HTTPTransceiver(server_addr[0], server_addr[1])
> >     requestor = ipc.Requestor(PROTOCOL, client)
> >

> > So even though you can go ahead and switch to NettyServer in java you will be limited
to use httpserver because your python client uses http client

> > https://github.com/phunt/avro-rpc-quickstart/blob/master/src/main/java/example/Main.java

> > I guess the best way to get around this will be to look at source code of avro python
client ipc.py file

> > and add a new implementation besides the one that comes out of the box.
> >
> > class HTTPTransceiver(object): """ A simple HTTP-based transceiver implementation.
Useful for clients but not for servers """

> > That said, again I am new to the whole thing so I might be totally wrong :)
> >
> > --
> > Atin Sood
> > Sent with Sparrow (http://www.sparrowmailapp.com/?sig)
> >

> > On Wednesday, May 22, 2013 at 11:55 AM, Stefan Krawczyk wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Atin,
> > >
> > > Thanks for the response. Yes I understand I could use HTTPServer on the java
side and things would work. However I'm after a solution where I can still have the java side
use the NettyServer.

> > > Cheers,
> > >
> > > Stefan

server, using the avro-rpc-quickstart (https://github.com/phunt/avro-rpc-quickstart) on github
as a base (I made sure the avro version being pulled in was 1.7.4). However when I get my
python client to talk to the java server I see this error:

Unexpected exception from downstream.
request detected: 539959368 items! Connection closed.

issue, i.e. the python client isn't using it because it uses the HTTPTransceiver.

getting the java server to use the HTTPTransceiver?