avro-user mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Could specific records implement the generic API as well?
Date Mon, 15 Apr 2013 20:08:41 GMT
SpecificRecordBase implements IndexedRecord, so that fields can be
accessed by number, but not directly by name.  However Implementing
#set(String,Object) and #get(String) is easy:

public static Object get(SpecificRecordBase record, String fieldName) {
  return record.get(record.getSchema().getField(fieldName).pos());
}

public static void set(SpecificRecordBase record, String fieldName,
Object value) {
  record.set(record.getSchema().getField(fieldName).pos(), value);
}

Doug