avro-user mailing list archives

From Eric Sammer <esam...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Design decision question about the Avro Java API
Date Mon, 04 Mar 2013 08:16:11 GMT
I'll stay away from the checked vs. unchecked debate (that bikeshed looks
like a rainbow at this point), but I don't think adding another method
makes it any clearer. A bunch of folks will just be confused as to which
method they should call. I don't think this is an API problem as much as a
lack of documentation problem. I'd prefer we not add any additional choices
or complexity to the Java APIs; they're a bear already.

--
Eric Sammer
twitter: esammer