avro-user mailing list archives

From Francis Galiegue <fgalie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Java API again: some malformed schemas don't throw SchemaParseException...
Date Mon, 04 Mar 2013 17:50:09 GMT
On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 6:34 PM, Doug Cutting <cutting@apache.org> wrote:
> I don't think that is intentional.
>
> Since SchemaParseException is a subclass of AvroRuntimeException, this
> can be changed back-compatibly, no?

While I haven't had a look at the code yet, I believe it can,
especially since a "real" malformed input (ie malformed JSON
representation of an Avro schema) raises SchemaParseException as well.

At "worst", yes, that change would be backwards compatible since
catching AvroRuntimeException also catches SchemaParseException by
definition. So, imho that would be a beneficial change.

--
Francis Galiegue, fgaliegue@gmail.com
JSON Schema in Java: http://json-schema-validator.herokuapp.com