avro-user mailing list archives

From Ken Krugler <kkrugler_li...@transpac.com>
Subject Trevni status
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2013 20:37:44 GMT
Hi all,

Any input as to the status of Trevni?

I'm researching column-oriented file formats that aren't tightly coupled to specific platforms
- this precludes ORCFile, for example.

CIF seemed interesting, but IBM hasn't released the code. And Trevni seems to be a reasonable
open source implementation of what they describe.

But I hadn't heard much about Trevni recently, or if anybody is using it for real work.

I see it mentioned in conjunction with Impala, but it sounds like that's on the roadmap versus
being available yet.

For context, I'm looking into using a column store to speed up Cascading workflows.

Thanks,

-- Ken

PS - resending to user@, since the first email to dev@ seems to have disappeared…maybe I'm
no longer getting dev@ emails?