avro-user mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Experiment: a JSON Schema describing Avro schemas
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2013 22:01:10 GMT
A few quick comments:
 - properties besides those mentioned in the spec are permitted as
metadata, e.g., {"type":"int", "java":"short"}.
 - a name can be prefixed by a namespace, e.g., {"type":"record",
"name":"foo.Bar"}
 - a schema can be the name of a schema defined earlier, e.g.
{"type":"record", "name":"List", "fields":[{"name":"next",
"type":[null, "List"]}]}

Doug