avro-user mailing list archives

From Scott Carey <scottca...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Sync() between records? How do we recover from a bad record, using DataFileReader?
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2013 10:31:40 GMT
For the corruption test, try corrupting the records, not the sync marker.
The features added to DataFileReader for corruption recovery were for the
case when decoding a record fails (corrupted record), not for when a sync
marker is corrupted.  Perhaps we should add that too, but it does not
surprise me that that case has a bug.