avro-user mailing list archives

From Scott Carey <scottca...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Embedding schema with binary encoding
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2013 09:26:34 GMT
Calling toJson() on a Schema will print it in json fom.  However you most
likely do not want to invent your own file format for Avro data.

DataFileWriter which will manage the schema for you, along with compression,
metadata, and the ability to seek to the middle of the file.    Additionally
it is then readable by several other languages and tools.