avro-user mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to handle schema dependencies
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2012 00:25:56 GMT
We might add a protected Schema.Parser#getName() method so that folks
could subclass Schema.Parser to look for names in the environment,
then use such a subclass in the Maven Mojo implementations.  Please
file an issue in Jira if this is of interest to you.

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 3:47 PM, Steven Willis <swillis@compete.com> wrote:
> Hi Doug,
>
> That certainly helps a lot. Though one would still need extra code to pull out the required
schema files from a jar into that imports directory prior to code generation. And one would
need to track these avro dependencies manually. It would be great if the avro-maven-plugin
could have configuration items  specified like "com.example:common" and those artifacts would
be searched for compiled avro types using something like the code I posted earlier in addition
to the normal parser name resolution.