avro-user mailing list archives

From Tarun Gupta <tarun.gu...@technogica.com>
Subject Support for char[] and short[] - Java
Date Mon, 24 Dec 2012 06:30:37 GMT
Hi,

I am new Avro but I did some basic research regarding how do we a support
data types like Char arrays and Short arrays while defining the Avro
schema. Issue # AVRO-249 sounded somewhat relevant but its about supporting
Short using the reflection API.

We are planning to use Avro for a Java based Client Server data exchange
use case, note that our data model is expected to have "large arrays" of
Short and Char, and performance is our 'key concern'. We can't use a string
to store char[], because what we get back is different then what you put
in, because of "UTF-16 normalization".

Thanks in Advance.
Tarun Gupta