avro-user mailing list archives

From Joel VanderWerf <joelvanderw...@gmail.com>
Subject line endings in generated code
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2012 17:54:41 GMT

Hi,

When avro generates java source on windows, it seems to do two things
differently than on linux:

1. adds CR-LF at end of lines, instead of LF

2. inserts the different linebreak characters inside *string literals*
in code

The first is not surprising. It's causing some difficulty with git, but
we can probably work around it with the correct .gitattributes, so that
git translates CR-LF to LF in the repo. (Or we can solve this by not
adding generated .java to the repo.)

The second is harder to deal with, since it means that the built jar is
actually different on different platforms. Also, there's no way git is
going to translate these EOL sequences within literal strings.

Has anyone dealt with this?