avro-user mailing list archives

From Scott Carey <scottca...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Pig with Avro and HBase
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2012 02:45:46 GMT
I am using Pig on Avro data files, and Avro in HBase.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by 'auto-load the schema'?  In the
sense that a big LOAD statement doesn't have to declare the schema?  I do
this with avro data files to some extent (with limitations).

A working implementation of
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO-1124 seems to be the way to go
for tracking a mapping from something like a Table or known file type to a
sequence of schemas (and the most recent schema).  Then a pig loader could
load from HBase using the most recent schema from a named schema group, or
read the same thing from files that represent the same schema group with
an avro file loader.