avro-user mailing list archives

From Peter Cameron <peter.came...@2icworld.com>
Subject Re: ReflectDatumReader and Writer classes
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2012 18:01:26 GMT
That sounds fine to me. As long as "simple" is clearly defined by the
"details and limitations".

To us, such an object means a JavaBean with properties that are either
primitive (where primitive maps to the Avro concept of primitive), or
other JavaBeans. Since Avro is used for transmission over the wire, it's
rather akin to a DTO. (We actually refer to these objects in code as
"complex" because they are values that are not Avro primitives.)

cheers,
Peter