avro-user mailing list archives

From Ey-Chih chow <eyc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Avro file size is too big
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2012 23:59:56 GMT
We are converting our compression scheme from gzip to snappy for our json logs.  In one case,
the size of a gzip file is 715MB and the corresponding snappy file is 1.885GB.  The schema
of the snappy file is "bytes".  In other words, we compress line by line of our json logs
and each line is a json string.  Is there any way we can optimize our compression with snappy?

Ey-Chih Chow