avro-user mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Avro Map Reduce Question: GenericRecord, renaming reduce output
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2012 19:17:52 GMT
On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 11:49 AM, snikhil0 <snikhil@telenav.com> wrote:
> My expectation is that I can use the same input schema to read the output
> file. But alas this is not working.
> In the part-r-00000 I have a 0<tab>Obj<Avroschema>....datums...... Why is
> this?

That looks approximately like an Avro data file.  How is it not what you expect?

> Also how can rename the reduce output file to something other than
> part-r-0000*?

That's the standard name for Hadoop mapreduce output files.  You could
override it in the OutputFormat, but most folks do not.  The name of
the directory these are in is normally used to identify the result
set.  The files within the directory are just fragments of that result
set.

Doug