avro-user mailing list archives

From Philip Zeyliger <phi...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Scala API
Date Wed, 30 May 2012 16:34:28 GMT
On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 11:04 PM, Christophe Taton <taton@wibidata.com>wrote:

> Hi people,
> Is there interest in a custom Scala API for Avro records and protocols?

Sure!  I know Michael Armbrust over at Berkeley has been using Scala with
Avro; you might send him an e-mail (he's a grad student, so I'm sure you
could look him up) to see whether he developed anything in this area.

> I am currently working on an schema compiler for Scala, but before I go
> deeper, I would really like to have external feedback.

You might look into extending the existing compiler to produce scala files
in addition to java files.  It uses templates, so it's not too tricky to do
more languages.

View raw message