avro-user mailing list archives

From Joe Gamache <gama...@cabotresearch.com>
Subject Re: Support for Serialization and Externalization?
Date Fri, 04 May 2012 17:59:49 GMT
Scott,

Thanks for the reply.  I agree it should be possible, but these lines
from ReflectData, createSchema method:

         } else if (GenericFixed.class.isAssignableFrom(c)) { // fixed
           int size = c.getAnnotation(FixedSize.class).value();
           schema = Schema.createFixed(name, null /* doc */, space, size);
         } else if (IndexedRecord.class.isAssignableFrom(c)) { // specific
           return super.createSchema(type, names);

execute INSTEAD of falling through to the else clause right afterwards
(which would be the desired behavior).  Sorry, but I can't remember
which clause executed, it was one of the "isAssignableFrom"s that came
back true.

Having said all this, we have decided just to use jackson directly.  It
looks like that is what avro uses internally, as well as what Spring
uses (also out of the box).

Joe