avro-user mailing list archives

From Tatu Saloranta <tsalora...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Java MapReduce Avro Jackson Error
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2012 23:27:11 GMT
On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 4:20 PM, Deepak Nettem <deepaknettem@gmail.com> wrote:
> I found that the Hadoop lib directory contains jackson-core-asl-1.0.1.jar
> and jackson-mapper-asl-1.0.1.jar.
>
> I removed these, but got this error:
> hadoop Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> org/codehaus/jackson/map/JsonMappingException
>
> I am using Maven as a build tool, and my pom.xml has this dependency:
>
>     <dependency>
>     <groupId>org.codehaus.jackson</groupId>
>       <artifactId>jackson-mapper-asl</artifactId>
>       <version>1.5.2</version>
>       <scope>compile</scope>
>     </dependency>
>
> Any help would on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

You may want to add similar entry for jackson-core-asl -- mapper does
require core, and although there is transient dependency from mapper,
Maven does not necessarily enforce correct version.
So it is best to add explicit dependency so that version of core is
also 1.5.x; you may otherwise just get 1.0.1 of that one.

-+ Tatu +-