avro-user mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Make a copy of an avro record
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2012 18:45:14 GMT
On 03/12/2012 11:09 AM, Jeremy Lewi wrote:
> I was using 1.6.0_27 and the @override decorator was a problem, maybe
> newer releases in the 1.6 set will work.

Re-reading the thread I now see the problem is compiling code generated
by Avro.  The builder's generated build() method has an @Override
declaration.  It implements a method in the RecordBuilder interface.
Using @Override for interface methods was not permitted in Java 5 but is
permitted in Java 6 and Java 7.  So I'm now confused how this fails in
any version of Java 6.  Regardless, if its really a problem for even
some versions of Java 6 then we should probably just remove it from the
generated code.  It doesn't add much value there.

Doug