avro-user mailing list archives

From Bhavani Ikkurthi ...@tapit.com>
Subject Avro Callback instance and Protocol formats
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2012 16:07:39 GMT
Hi,

I am pretty much new to using Avro. I started off playing around with James
Baldassari's github code: https://github.com/jbaldassari/Avro-RPC
I am more interested in Avro's async RPC feature. In that process of
creating a Server and Transceiver I encountered few troubles and have the
below questions.

1. How does the different Message protocol formats like .avpr/.avdl differ
from each other?
2. I am using .avpr file and generating the stubs using "mvn compile"
command. Can someone please give me an insight into this compilation
process and auto-generation process?
3. Proceeding further, I notice that after generating the code, I cant find
a "Callback" interface which I assume is crucial to implementing the async
RPC call.

I am very new to Avro. So please bear with any techie-term-typos and do
take the liberty to correct me. Any help on these questions is much
appreciated.

--
Thanks
Bhavani